Wednesday, April 1, 2009

International Tatting Day?


I didn't know that today was International Tatting Day (in fact, I didn't know that there even was an International Tatting Day).

The Antique Pattern Library recently added two pre-1923 tatting books to their (free, download-able) online collection. The Farnes book is almost all filet crochet with one page of tatted monograms is at the very end.

There are almost four dozen tatting patterns in Emmy Liebert's book, SchiffchenArbeit. However, not only are they in German but the book was printed in Fraktur which is going to make it a real challenge to read. Two or three of the motifs look like they're well worth the effort it will take to translate them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Tatting Day! Nice work. I like the colors you are working with right now. :)

Anonymous said...

I like those colors too.. very pretty work.

Lidian said...

I am a little groggy today so at first I read this as International Tattling Day - go tell on someone! lol