Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Rare and Fleeting Glimpse

image from FB

Well, I'm not in Texas, nor in Florida, and am not going to be headed there for at least four weeks (maybe longer).  The powers that be decided I was more valuable here and I am running weekly training classes in disaster operations and mass care for new volunteers before they are shipped off to the front lines.

Everything else has been moved to the back burner (including housework.  I wonder how much longer I can get away with feeding the spousal unit a diet of beanie-weenies and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese).

Thank you all for your kind words on my oldest brother.  His death was unexpected and I'm feeling my mortality a bit as he was only 70.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Sometimes the best use of one's skills is to teach others. I am sorry to hear about your brother. Please kick butt on your volunteer training!

Bunnykins said...

Is it too cliche to say keeping busy helps? I am very sorry you lost your oldest brother.
I agree with Sam: whip them into shape and turn them loose. You have you and yours that need a bit more attention right now.

Shay said...

It's been a bad two weeks in other respects -- Brian's incredibly wonderful old boss retired and the new one couldn't lead a Brownie troop out of a burning building.

Lady Anne said...

The Squire has had several great bosses, but he's also had some lulus. What's even worse is when the boss is younger than you are, and you practically have to lead them by the hand.