Friday, November 17, 2017

Quote Of The Day

Cat Gorgeous Cat by Oliver Herford

"You know the best example of sincerity?  The absolute gold standard?"

"Who?"

Angus pointed to the door, outside which Cyril was waiting patiently.  "A dog.  Have you ever met with an insincere dog -- a dog who hides his true feelings?"

Domenica looked thoughtful.  "And cats?"

"Dreadfully insincere," said Angus.  "Psychopaths -- every one of them.  Show me a cat, Domenica, and I'll show you a psychopath.  Textbook examples."  ~ Alexander McCall Smith

4 comments:

Bunnykins said...

Who me? A psychopath? I just have standards, expect you to live up to them and know your place in the pecking order. Now rub something. I'll purr and you won't care any more.

Shay said...

I love the expression on this cat's face.

Bunnykins said...

Do you think it's a Chinese brush and ink? Old Chinese wallpaper has some of the most amazing paintings of animals looking as they are when they know we're not watching, just being themselves.

Shay said...

I'm thinking Japanese and damned if I could tell you why.